The university’s first residence hall celebrated a major milestone in the fall: 100 years of housing and developing leaders and scholars. Currier Hall was constructed on the east side of campus to accommodate the increasing number of women enrolling at Iowa, and became coed in the 1970s. Today its 618 residents enjoy amenities ranging from a fitness center to a baby grand piano. The centennial celebration included an ice cream social, a sock hop, and a fireside chat featuring family members of namesakes Amos and Celia Currier. The postcard above, courtesy of UI Archives, includes the first known illustration of Currier Hall and was postmarked shortly after the building opened in 1914.